Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The Hydra is very very cool — Parallax Forums

The Hydra is very very cool

Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
edited 2006-12-06 05:50 in Propeller 1
Thanks Parallax, the Hydra is very very kewl!

Andre, you did an excellent job on the book, and a nice design for the board!·I've been browsing through the huge manual, it has the best explanation of the video circuitry I've seen so far - wish I'd had it a couple of months ago, it would have saved me some headaches!

Actually, I think the Hydra and its book would be an excellent way to teach microcontrollers at a colledge or university; it would be possible to build a nice 200 level CompSci course around it.

Comments

• cbmeekscbmeeks Posts: 634
    edited 2006-12-05 15:12
    Bill Henning said...
    Thanks Parallax, the Hydra is very very kewl!

Andre, you did an excellent job on the book, and a nice design for the board! I've been browsing through the huge manual, it has the best explanation of the video circuitry I've seen so far - wish I'd had it a couple of months ago, it would have saved me some headaches!

Actually, I think the Hydra and its book would be an excellent way to teach microcontrollers at a colledge or university; it would be possible to build a nice 200 level CompSci course around it.

I think Andre's designs are taught in school. I know the XGS is.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Coders' Hangout
    A place for programmers to hangout!
    http://www.codershangout.com

METROID?
    Metroid Classic
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2006-12-06 05:50
    Thanks Bill. I wish we could fund the plastics around it on the first draft. BUT, I did give enough room to the board design, so that at some point, who knows we might get a nice transparent clamshell case around the HYDRA if sales go really well. No changes would need to be made at all. Blue, translucent plastic would look slick and complete its commercial appeal.

Andre'