Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pin Difference on SX28 Dip and SSOP — Parallax Forums

Pin Difference on SX28 Dip and SSOP

SailerManSailerMan Posts: 337
edited 2006-12-06 18:20 in General Discussion
I spent a whole day fabricating a board and soldering SMT componets, trouble shooting like crazy only to finally figure out that the SSOP and DIP have different PIN outs.

I was using page 13 of the SX Key Manual for Pin outs.

If anyone else is thinking that the Pin Outs are the same for the SX28 DIP and SSOP, think again.

I Think I might have destroyed my only two chips... [noparse]:([/noparse] Back to the drawing board.

Post Edited (SailerMan) : 12/4/2006 10:34:23 PM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-12-04 21:46
    Hello,
    ·
    ·· Not sure which book you were referring to, but always refer to the datasheet when you need package information.· The datasheet can be found at the following link.· I hope this helps.· Take care.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=SX28AC/SS-G

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • SailerManSailerMan Posts: 337
    edited 2006-12-04 22:34
    Chris,

The SX Key Manual, look at page 13. I know that the picture is a DIP.

Do you think I destroyed my SX28 SSOP Chips?

Regards,
    Eric
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-12-05 16:37
    Eric,
    ·
    ·· It’s hard to say…But the SX-Key Manual refers to the DIP since that’s what comes with the SX Tech Tool Kits.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-12-06 16:04
    Guenther's manual provides images of both with proper pinouts. Also the SX18 [noparse][[/noparse]no longer available] and the SX20.

Any assumptions that pinouts on packaging changes are the same will likely give you similar results.
    The manufacturer's packaging specifications are really the only thing one should look at as differences can be quite subtle.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • SailerManSailerMan Posts: 337
    edited 2006-12-06 18:20
    Yeah, my first time going from Dip to SSOP , I assumed the Pin outs were the same.. I won't make that mistake again.

Regards,
    Eric
    ·