Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Motor Mind Be, BoE Rev C., Various Motors, My Tablet PC/USB, & Variable PS — Parallax Forums

Motor Mind Be, BoE Rev C., Various Motors, My Tablet PC/USB, & Variable PS

Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
edited 2006-12-05 13:34 in BASIC Stamp
All--

I am about to start experimenting with various motors (from Banebot, mostly; I already have a few) and the latest version of the MotorMind Be. I am using the BoE Rev C. with the Parallax wall transformer to power the BoE. I communicate with the BOE via my tablet PC's USB connector to a Parallax USB to serial converter to the BoE. I will power the various motors with a variable DC power supply.

Question: How do I ensure all the grounds are tied together properly? (As I see it, the components are my tablet PC, the BoE driven by the wall transformer, and the variable power supply driven by 110Vac.

Thanks for your help.

--Bill
ps [noparse][[/noparse]This is the edit.] I forgot to mention that I have that monster 61 rpm RS-545, also! I am not quite sure what a person might use this motor for . . . I am thinking of using it in the lift for my Sportster!)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
You are what you write.

Post Edited (Bill Chennault) : 12/5/2006 1:33:06 PM GMT

Comments

• Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
    edited 2006-12-05 13:34
    All--

Bill goes "bump" in the night; actually, early in the morning, but that's not important right now.

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    You are what you write.