Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
bluetooth help — Parallax Forums

bluetooth help

jaydee532jaydee532 Posts: 3
edited 2006-11-30 15:48 in BASIC Stamp
hey everyone,

for my senior project I want to get the embedded bluetooth transceiver eb500 to send a text message to my bluetooth capable cellphone. By running the following code, I am able to establish a connection with my phone, but once I accept the connection, my cellphone asks me to type in the pin number. I keep getting an invalid pin, so my question is, where do i find this pin number? Or am I suppose to write it in the code? Here is the code I have so far, any help is greatly appreciated.

' {$STAMP BS2}
' {$PBASIC 2.5}

'Wait for the eb500 radio to be ready
PAUSE 1000

'Connect to the remote device
SEROUT 1,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"con XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX",CR]

SERIN 0,84,[noparse][[/noparse]WAIT( "ACK",CR)]
'Wait for the connection to be established and switch to data mode

WaitForConnection:

IF IN5 = 0 THEN WaitForConnection
HIGH 6
PAUSE 300

DEBUG "Connection established",CR
'Send "Hello World"

SEROUT 1,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"Hello World",CR]
PAUSE 1000

'Switch to Command Mode

LOW 6
SERIN 0,84,[noparse][[/noparse]WAIT(CR, ">")]

'Disconnect from the remote device
SEROUT 1,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"dis",CR]
SERIN 0,84,[noparse][[/noparse]WAIT(CR, ">")]

Comments

• jaydee532jaydee532 Posts: 3
    edited 2006-11-30 07:52
    ok, i found out the pin number to be 0000, so I have now established a connection with my phone. The problem now is, the following command:

SEROUT 1,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"Hello World",CR]

sends nothing to my phone. I was hoping someone knew of a way to send a text message to a verizon phone. All i could find off the web was this:

'Enter your 10-digit phone number. Messages are sent via email TO number@vtext.com."

I need to get this project done by Monday. Any help is greatly appreciated. thank you.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-30 15:48
    Hello,
    ·
    ·· Admittedly I know nothing about your Cell Phone, but I would still surmise that you cannot simply send text and have it appear.· There are probably Bluetooth commands that you have to send to do various functions.· You will need to find out what these instructions are and send them.· In order to send a text message it will have to be another phone than the one you’re connected to via Bluetooth.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support