Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
WaM, page 142; schematic does not match drawing? — Parallax Forums

WaM, page 142; schematic does not match drawing?

Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
edited 2006-12-01 02:35 in BASIC Stamp
Chris--

A VERY minor point: It seems to me that the WaM schematic at the top of page 142 does not match the picture just to the right of it. In the schematic, the 220 ohm resistor is connected from Vdd·to the "A" side of the potentiometer and the anode of the LED is connected to the wiper of the potentiometer, with the cathode connected to Vss.

However, the drawing shows the 220 ohm resistor connected from Vdd to the wiper of the potentiometer and the LED connected to Vss (via a jumper). I understand it would work either way. But, I think the·drawing should match the picture.

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
You are what you write.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-30 05:21
    Bill,
    ·
    ·· You are correct…I have sent this information to our editor to add to the Errata sheet.· For everyone else I wanted to mention that while the diagram is technically wrong, the circuit is functionally equivalent and would be electrically the same and function so.· Thanks for pointing this out Bill.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
    edited 2006-12-01 00:10
    Chris--

All of us educator/code cutter types are extremely a^%l. Like I said, it was trivial and I knew (ha! barely!) that it would work, anyway. As I continue to work through this book and some others, I will point out whatever I find, if you wish. And, if you wish, I could certainly do it via e-mail and depend on your best judgement to notify the community, if appropriate. (There will probably not be any more errors, anyway!)

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    You are what you write.
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2006-12-01 02:06
    Hello Bill,

Actually, you probably will find a few more errors; there is a short errata sheet for WAM 2.2 posted on its product page:

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28152

We are happy to have any errata pointed out to us, regardless of how minor (and hopefully it is all minor!)· If you find anything else that is not already in the errata doc, or anything awry in any other book of ours, you can email me directly at mailto:editor@parallax.com.

-Stephanie Lindsay

Editor, Parallax Inc.
  • Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
    edited 2006-12-01 02:35
    Stephanie--

Will do and thanks for the link!

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    You are what you write.