Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
where to find a cheap chassis — Parallax Forums

where to find a cheap chassis

Johnny-5Johnny-5 Posts: 34
edited 2006-11-30 01:03 in BASIC Stamp
i am looking for somthing about 4x the size of the boe-bot and with tank tread, all the chassis i find close to that are like $400+ are there any cheaper ones out there?

Comments

• ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2006-11-28 13:54
    Toys R Us online has some RC tanks in the < $100 range that might be what you are looking for.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-28 16:32
    Johnny 5,
    ·
    ·· The tank shown below (with me for scale) is a lot bigger than you requested, but was gotten for around $100.00 from Wal-Mart after the Christmas Season a year ago.· It has since had the stock relay control system removed and two HB-25 Motor Controllers installed in their place.· This tank also has a moving turret (not shown) that will be put back after the internal stuff is done.· The turret will have PING))) Modules and some other goodies, including a camera for live video feedback.· Again, these platforms can be gotten cheap after the Christmas Holiday and are great for hacking.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    1136 x 852 - 341K
    Tank.JPG 341.2K
  • Robert AshRobert Ash Posts: 6
    edited 2006-11-29 17:00
    Track kits for VEX robots may work. Do not know of the strength rating. Myth Busters have built a dual treads demo bot using them. Try Vexlabs.com for the track kit. http://www.botmag.com/articles/mythbusters_test_the_vex_robotics_design_system_1.shtml ,for the writeup of test.
    Robert

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ND,BGA
  • A.C. fishingA.C. fishing Posts: 262
    edited 2006-11-30 01:03
    If you want, you can custom order your own chassis from www.pololu.com

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Somebody said...
    -Never Underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    ·