Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2xx on BOE — Parallax Forums

BS2xx on BOE

Johnny-5Johnny-5 Posts: 34
edited 2006-11-30 22:21 in BASIC Stamp
will all the BS2 family stamps work with the BOE?

Comments

• ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2006-11-28 13:54
    Yes, except the BS2p40 which has too many pins to fit in the socket on the BOE. Don't forget to change your timings in your programs or use conditional compilations (the time values for PULSOUT, PULSIN, FREQOUT, etc. are different from Stamp to Stamp).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST
  • Johnny-5Johnny-5 Posts: 34
    edited 2006-11-30 18:23
    wouldnt u just use {$STAMP BS2p} or what ever stamp it is?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-30 18:31
    Johnny-5,
    ·
    ·· You would of course need to change the Stamp Directive for your programs based on which module you have, but other changes may need to be made to existing code depending on the module as well.· For example, if you have BS2 code and you use a BS2p, just changing the directive won’t make the code work properly.· Some timing dependant commands have different values for certain parameters.· For example, PULSOUT values will be different and have to be adjusted for the BS2p.· I hope this helps.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
    edited 2006-11-30 18:46
    ..as always, the parameter changes can be handled by smart (symbolic) coding and using the conditional compilation framework that Jon Wiliams published. Sorry, I don't have a link handy, but if you do a search on "conditional compilation", I'll bet it pops up...using the google search, of course.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Truly Understand the Fundamentals and the Path will be so much easier...
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-30 22:21
    Tom,
    ·
    ·· In most cases you’re correct.· There are a few small cases where changing the BASIC Stamp Model requires more than just changing parameters and constants, especially if the code is based on the resolution or range of those values and they change significantly.· For example, notice that the PULSIN command on the BS2 can measure a pulse width up to 131.07 mS, but the BS2sx, BS2p and BS2px can only measure up to 52.428 mS.· I hope this information helps.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support