Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
no basic stamps found — Parallax Forums

no basic stamps found

ChrirozChriroz Posts: 8
edited 2006-11-29 15:22 in BASIC Stamp
I'm using a Board of education and a Basic stamp2 for quite a while now but i ran in to this problem:
If i try to program the robot from my laptop (old toshiba, win XP) i always get this error: "no BASIC stamps found" (yes, the stamp is switched on and the cable is conected right and there are NO other programs that use this port) i use the basic stamp editor v2.2.6
the strange thing is: I CAN program all my pics (for other projects) with the same serial port and cable but an other program

what can it be and how to fix it?

Chris

Comments

• Wissam Ch.Wissam Ch. Posts: 36
    edited 2006-11-28 07:15
    Hi ,
    I faced a similar situation , but with the usb version of the BOE.
    All what i did is plug another device in the port (such as a digital camera) and let the system recognize it , then remove it and plug back my BOE.
    Hope this might help.
    Regards
  • ChrirozChriroz Posts: 8
    edited 2006-11-28 08:41
    I already tried something like that: I programmed my pic's with that cable and port and after that i tried to program my BOE but it didn't work.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-28 15:09
    Since this is a laptop, do you have the FIFO Buffers for the COM Port disabled?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-11-28 15:35
    how do i check or change that?
    edited 2006-11-28 16:34
    Go to your Control Panel, System Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager, Ports.· There you can double-click the COM Port and go to Port Settings, Advanced.· Be sure the box labeled, “Use FIFO Buffers” is unchecked, then click okay.·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-11-28 22:05
    It was checked indeed (and i disabled it) but it still doesn't work. it searches for stamps for about 1 second (wich is short) and than gives an "no BASIC stamps found" error. i also installed bluesoleil on my laptop can that be an problem (it doesn't use the port)
    edited 2006-11-28 23:42
    Hello,
    ·
    ·· Do you have another computer, preferably a desktop that you could verify this problem on?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-11-29 08:13
    Hey, it suddenly works!!! I think i just had to reboot after changing those settings. thanks you for your help!!!
    edited 2006-11-29 15:22
    Glad you got it working…Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support