Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
online ordering — Parallax Forums

online ordering

Vertex78Vertex78 Posts: 51
edited 2006-11-30 17:12 in General Discussion
whats up with ordering online? I tried for the last few days to make an order and after I put all my credit card info in and click checkout it just eventually timesout. I guess I can phone my order in.

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,563
    edited 2006-11-27 16:39
    Vertex78,

Try it again today... The Parallax office was closed over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Beau Schwabe (Parallax)) : 11/27/2006 4:43:23 PM GMT
  • Vertex78Vertex78 Posts: 51
    edited 2006-11-28 13:38
    Well I tried to place an order online again and it still timed out. I just ordered some stuff from spark electronics online and I did not have any problems. I also tried placing the order from a computer at school with no luck.
  • John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
    edited 2006-11-28 16:54
    Vertex:

Did the order have more than 8 items? I recently had the same problem with a 9 item order. I ended up calling it in, and the sales rep indicated that in some cases, they had problems with the current web site with orders exceeding 8 lines. I don't know if the rep was just trying to make me feel good, or if this is the real case, but my order was placed and shipped just dandy.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    John R.

8 + 8 = 10
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-11-28 17:16
    John -

I've been a Parallax customer, and an active member of these forums, for nearly 10 years, and I can tell you firsthand, that Parallax employes always want you to feel good. They wouldn't have it any other way.

On the other hand, I've never seen, or heard of anyone from Parallax giving anyone anything but the straight scoop (full and honest truth) regardless of who or what was at fault, or whose responsibility it was. This is part of what makes them the great company that they are today!

In essense, if not in truth, the Parallax motto is:

If you have a problem, we will make every effort to rectify the problem, and/or help to find a solution, as quickly as possible, with a minimum loss of time or money to anyone involved.

At least that's the way I've found it to be. Long live such customer oriented service policies!

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • Vertex78Vertex78 Posts: 51
    edited 2006-11-28 17:41
    well i tried to place the order again, and it just kept processing so I hit the stop button then called the order in. Oddly enough the order that I hit the stop button on went through. So they just verified that I didn't hae duplicate orders

thanks!

Post Edited (Vertex78) : 11/28/2006 5:45:06 PM GMT
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,563
    edited 2006-11-28 18:14
    Vertex78,

I'm glad you got your order in, and I'm sorry that the Parallax server was not cooperating with you. Hopefully this scenario will be resolved in the future.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Roger PiersonRoger Pierson Posts: 62
    edited 2006-11-30 17:12
    I've never been able to order from the web site because my order always exceeds 8 items. It's very frustrating having to read all those part numbers (all of them have lots of 0's in a row) over the phone.

However, every sales rep I've spoken with has been very helpful and I've never had a single problem calling the order in. Last week the gentlemen I spoke to indicated they have a new e-commerce site ready to stand up after the holiday rush.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Roger Pierson
    Senior Electronics Technicain
    DTI Assoicates