Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Error code — Parallax Forums

Error code

bbdelhommebbdelhomme Posts: 14
edited 2006-11-29 15:06 in BASIC Stamp
I am currently developping application requiring communication between BS2e and SSC-32 (from Lynxmotion).
Working with Windows BS2e terminal when I try to "run "·an updated·release·I got a message:"Error:102-Expected termination"

What does it mean ?
I understand that previous release is still working. What can I do to force it to terminate?

Many thanks for your help

Bernard

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-27 18:53
    Hello,
    ·
    ·· Please provide more details and/or the code you’re having problems with.· Also, what version of the editor are you using?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • bbdelhommebbdelhomme Posts: 14
    edited 2006-11-27 21:02
    Hi Chris,

1- The codes are as follow:

' {$STAMP BS2e}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}
    ' {$PORT COM1}
    servo0pw VAR Word
    movetime VAR Word

servo0pw=1000
    movetime = 1000

start:
    servo0pw=800
    SEROUT 0\1,16780,[noparse][[/noparse]"#",DEC 0,"P",DEC servo0pw, "T",DEC movetime,CR]
    PAUSE 2500
    servo0pw=2500
    SEROUT 0\1,16780,[noparse][[/noparse]"#",DEC 0,"P",DEC servo0pw,"T", DEC movetime,CR]
    PAUSE 2500

END

2- Regarding software, I assume you refer to BS2e software. I download it from your Web site. The version is 2.2.6.

Don't hesitate to ask me more detail if rerquire.

Many thanks in advance for your advise.

Bernard
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-11-27 21:39
    Bernard -

The program is syntacticly correct, and passes through the PBASIC IDE with no errors, so the problem must be elsewhere.

Are you sure com port 1 is available?

Regards,

Bruce Bates
    edited 2006-11-27 22:00
    Bruce,

I used this port for direct communication to SSC-32 and it was running well.
    With BS2e, I assume it is running well, ,because when I click on "run" button, the codes are tokenized and download according to red progress indicator at the bottom of terminal window. As I don't get servo moving I modified some codes. It is when I try to download the new release that I got the message "Error code 102 Expected termination"

What do think about ?

Bernard
    edited 2006-11-27 22:14
    Bernard,
    ·
    ·· That error would indicate a missing quote, yet the code you posted isn’t missing any and compiles fine.· I wonder if perhaps you were missing a quote in the editor?· Did you copy and paste this code or type it in?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-11-27 22:30
    Chris,

Sorry, I don't understand the word "quote". What is its meaning?
    I typed this code.
    As I didn't get moving the servo, the main issue is how can terminate it in order to type a new one and download it.

Bernard
    edited 2006-11-27 22:38
    Because you typed in the code you may have forgotten a quote.· You put the quote symbol on either side of the word quote in your reply.· That is a quote.· You may be missing one in your editor version of the code you posted.· You could always copy and paste the code from the forum window into your editor and compile that.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-11-27 23:02
    Chris,

Ma
    edited 2006-11-27 23:11
    Chris,

Maybe I misunderstood your previous question.
    I typed the code into the window of Basic Stamp Editor.
    In order to send it to you, I copied it and pasted it into the Forum window.
    Checking them again, I don't find where I missed a quote.
    Have you locate it? If yes, where?

Thanks

Bernard
    edited 2006-11-28 00:24
    Chris,

Just finishing my roboting activity for this night, I try again to download the code and I got it succefully.
    I don't understand what is happen previously. Maybe I failed one quote making corrections then I didn't save properly this last release.
    Sorry to disturb you.
    However the servo does not move but I feel that it is another issue: maybe communication one between BS2e and SSC-32 that I will try to solve tomorrow.

Many thanks for your advices.

Bernard
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-11-28 09:22
    Gents -

For those for whom English is not their first language the wording in this thread may be a bit confusing, so let me just add some correctness to this discourse. We who use English as a first language often tend to shorten what we say, and do so in an incorrect and confusing manner.

That which was proposed to be missing from the program was a quotation mark. A quotation mark, is a symbol of punctuation. The single quotation mark is this character: ' . The double quotation mark is thus: " .

A quote, on the other hand, is a written or oral repetition of exact words as authored by another person, usually offered as a matter of reference.

Quote can also refer to the price of a commodity, stock or bond in financial circles.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
    edited 2006-11-28 15:21
    I apologize if I was not clearer.· The reason I didn’t get more specific is that the error box generated lists the character missing.· Please see the attached picture for the following code.· This s what would cause this error…

' {$STAMP BS2}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}
    SEROUT 16, 396, [noparse][[/noparse]"Hello]

Note the missing end quote character?· This generates the attached error messages which show the exact character missing.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    427 x 431 - 13K
    edited 2006-11-29 15:06
    Chris,

That is right, English is not my first language and electronic is not my first training.
    Apologize, I didn't pay attention of exact writting of error window. I didn't see and understand the " at the end of message: Expected terminating ".
    Now it is very clear.
    It is an experience more to continue my new roboting developments.

Many thanks for your support.

Bernard