Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Tool Suggestion — Parallax Forums

Propeller Tool Suggestion

Simon AmplemanSimon Ampleman Posts: 19
edited 2006-11-28 22:37 in Propeller 1
Hello,

·· I have some suggestions regarding the Propeller Tool.

-·It would be great to have a terminal console, it·is very useful to debug.·Right now, I am switching between Propeller Tool and TeraTerm... So I have to put delay in the beginning of the software to make sure I have time to open it before the app start sending something. I also need to close it each time before reprogramming it...

- A very practical thing would be to have a combo box that appears with all the function of an object when we type the dot after the object name. And then, each parameter it takes when we start writing ( and , inside .... Exactly like Visual Basic for example.

- A little bug·: Focus the "programming" window before it is closed. Right now, if we switch·to another application while it is·programming the chip, when we go back,·the window is still there·and we need to reprogram something to make it disappear.

- Less important : I have some network drive at work, when I come back to home with my laptop, they are still in my computer but unavailable... This make the·Propeller Software hangs·when it opens... It is probably trying to connect to these drive and waits·forever. So, I have to·kill the process and make sure to net /delete each of my·network drive.

If you accept help, I can add these features myself in the software for free in my free time. I am a software developer with 10 years of experience and can work in any language.

Thank you,

Simon
·

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-11-28 22:37
    The console is slated for the next release.

The combo box is not likely to happen, it would require on-the-fly silent compilation with feedback to the IDE to provide the details nessesary to perform the task.

Are you using v1.0 of the Propeller Tool? This was one of the fixes between v0.98 and v1.0, please let us know if this is occuring with v1.0.

The issue with the network drives is currently being worked on.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.