Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial Com with Parallax 433Mhz Xmiter/Rcvr — Parallax Forums

Serial Com with Parallax 433Mhz Xmiter/Rcvr

Danny22Danny22 Posts: 29
edited 2006-11-26 01:11 in BASIC Stamp
I'm having some trouble with serial com using Parallax's 433Mhz Xmiter/Rcvr set. On the Transmitter side,for test purposes, a BS2 scans a dual-axis analog joystick and a linear slide pot. The data is scaled and 4 Bytes are sent to the Xmiter module:
SEROUT txPin,txBaud,[noparse][[/noparse]sync,X_axis,Y_axis,spdLimit] The sync byte = $FF

On the Receiver side the data is received by another BS2:
SEROUT rxPin,rxBaud,200,TimeOut,[noparse][[/noparse]sync,bias,speed,limit]

The sync is tested, the data is further scaled and developed into appropiate Left and Right motor RC pulses
for the two MD03 motor drivers. Of course for testing the Debug Terminal takes the place of the motor drivers.
Everything works OK except that periodically, but not regularly, the data gliches and odd-ball numbers flash for an instant on the debug screen. This occurs even when the transmitter controls are set to zero and not being used! I've experimented with the baud rates, various PAUSE values in the Tx and Rx loops and the TimeOut value but I can't seem to get rid of it. Unfortunately the odd-ball numbers are "in range" so I can't filter them out. I know I'm probably missing something simple...Does anyone have any hints?
Danny22

Comments