Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 to Hyperterminal to text editor??? — Parallax Forums

BS2 to Hyperterminal to text editor???

MGMG Posts: 9
edited 2006-11-30 02:43 in General Discussion
I have a small program running on my BS2 that sends input to my PC via serial (db9) connection. I can view the inputs from teh Hyperterminal but i would like to have the input to go to a document on my disk.

For example, if i had a notepad file called "test.txt", I would like the input to go to that file or any other file that i specify.

Is this possible? Anyone have any ideas as how to set this up?

Comments

• YendorYendor Posts: 288
    edited 2006-11-22 21:19
    A quick and dirty way to do this is use the Tranfer-Capture Text in hyperterm.

Otherwise you'll need to write a program on the PC to log the data.

Hope this helps!

Rodney
  • Desy2820Desy2820 Posts: 138
    edited 2006-11-22 22:06
    Have you looked at Stamp Plot Lite or Pro?· I haven't personnally used it, but I know they have an option to write a file to the disk.· It's also free...

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/software/stamp_plot_pro_info.asp

I hope this helped!·
  • MGMG Posts: 9
    edited 2006-11-26 15:33
    Thanks guys, I'm going to try the Stamp Plot lite or pro. hopefully it will work.

~MG
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2006-11-26 17:24
    Also, if the data are limited and the need is not ongoing, you can highlight text on the Stamp Editor's debug screen, then copy and paste it.

-Phil
  • A.C. fishingA.C. fishing Posts: 262
    edited 2006-11-30 02:43
    You can use something like: Advanced Serial Terminal. See my post on it called: Free way of internet connecting your stamp.
    Simply have the Editor redirect the file to a .txt file instead of a .html file
    -ACfishing

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Somebody said...
    -Never Underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    ·