Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
basic stamp1 — Parallax Forums

basic stamp1

stig2stig2 Posts: 5
edited 2006-11-23 03:15 in BASIC Stamp
I have unsuccsesfully tried to make a infrared signal like the ones used for infrared detection of 38,5 in a analog sircuit. And can not do.

It works perfect on a BS2, My question is, can "FREQOUT #, 1, 38500" be used on BS1? continuesly ? and what is the lifespan on the BS1 and BS2 in years.Getting BS1 seems to be the easyest solution instead of that analog troubble..

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-11-21 15:45
    The BasicStamp Syntax and Reference Manual should easily tell you.
    Lookup FREQOUT and see if there is an ICON for the BS#1.

Okay, I did it already and it refers you to SOUND. The FREQOUT command isn't available.

Ummmm. Looking at SOUND, you seem to be limited to 10,550 Hz tops. So unless you can generate a harmonic resonance, my guess is nope.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-21 18:33
    Hello,
    ·
    ·· George is correct…FREQOUT is not available on the BS1.· You would need a BS2 to do what you are asking.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • stig2stig2 Posts: 5
    edited 2006-11-22 21:21
    thx a lot, many BS2s will kill my budget.. sad, because I realy like the BS2, Have tried with the Aurdino boards but can get it to work on those.. (dont like the java language..)

will try to do analog again..
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-11-23 01:41
    why don't you use a 555 timer to create the frequency pulses for the IR LED?· It is the approach that the original BOEBot employed before someone thought to use the freqout command.
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-11-23 03:15
    If budget is a major concern, take a look at the SX protoboards. They're dirt cheap, and SX/B does FREQOUT.