Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spin Stamp 24 Alpha Test - Testers Needed — Parallax Forums

Spin Stamp 24 Alpha Test - Testers Needed

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
edited 2006-12-14 01:09 in Propeller 1
Dear Customers,

Parallax has·designed a prototype of a new 24-pin module we are calling the Spin Stamp 24 (#SS1-IC). The intent of this module is to·put the power of a Propeller in·a BASIC Stamp socket. Several significant architectural design issues·had to be·addressed·in the design of·this prototype to make this possible, such as using a Prop Clip for programming,·maintaining the 3.3V interface (requires 1K resistors on the inputs when used in 5V BASIC Stamp circuits), and·making module pins 1, 2, and 3 no-connects.·This module has been used·on a Boe-Bot and in other projects designed for the BASIC Stamp.

Parallax is forming an alpha test group to evaluate the module. We are interested in functional feedback, experiences, applications, and your general user experience. Technical analysis·of any sort would also be appreciated.

The·Spin Stamp 24 Alpha Test group·will consist of 20 testers.·This is the procedure and schedule for the Spin Stamp 24 Alpha test:
  1. Request to be part of the Spin Stamp 24 Alpha Test Group by sending an e-mail to me at kgracey@parallax.com. Briefly·cover your Propeller and BASIC Stamp experience in this message.·For different reasons we will accept varying levels of experience with·each product line.·We will notify you within one week if you have been accepted. Please wait for the reply from me - it will take some time with the holiday this week.·The most important request from this group is that we provide input to Parallax.·
  2. Parallax will ship you a Spin Stamp 24, PropPlug, USB cable, datasheet, and Board of Education for using the module. Completion date for sending hardware is December 15th.
  3. You will provide me with your forum screen name, which I will use to add you to the Spin Stamp 24·Alpha Test Private·forum. We will monitor the forum for 30 days and answer questions along the way. At the end of the test (mid January) we will collect and use all feedback for internal purposes.
We appreciate this kind of·assistance from our customers.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey
Parallax, Inc.

··

Comments

• Dennis FerronDennis Ferron Posts: 480
    edited 2006-11-25 10:01
    Aha! So the fabled Propeller / Basic Stamp amalgam does exist. I'm going to buy one and piggyback a Max232 surface mount chip on top to re-enable the serial lines. Wish I had time to alpha test one, but I can't.
  • CHIPKENCHIPKEN Posts: 45
    edited 2006-11-28 05:33
    Imagine how you can control your Christmas tree lighting and train set this year. All at the ame control station. jumpin.gif

Chuck
  • BTXBTX Posts: 674
    edited 2006-12-14 01:09
    Dear Ken:

Is there·any notice, about·what happened with·this ?

Is the·group form ?

Regards.

Alberto.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔