Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial LCD Display(Clock Program) and QTI sensor... — Parallax Forums

Serial LCD Display(Clock Program) and QTI sensor...

KrazyRedneckKrazyRedneck Posts: 2
edited 2006-11-21 13:01 in BASIC Stamp
ok so ive been trying to work on a program that uses my LCD Serial display as a clock(i have the clock program for it working) and using·a single QTI senspr to make the clock stop. Here is what i need to happen. When i start this [noparse][[/noparse]program the clock needs to start and when the QTI sensor reads an object in front of it i need the clock to stop..My clock has seconds, minutes, and hours. I am using the board of education and a BS2 chip..Pretty much basic parallax stuff but i cant figure out the programming..if anyone could help me it would be appreciated..thanks

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-11-19 09:30
    KrazyRedneck -

If you don't have some sort of external clock chip (you don't mention one), how are you planning on obtaining the correct time?

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • KrazyRedneckKrazyRedneck Posts: 2
    edited 2006-11-21 00:42
    its a timer program..it starts at 0hours 0 minutes 0seconds and counts and i need it so that as soon as the QTI sensor reads an object the timer stops
  • Paul Sr.Paul Sr. Posts: 435
    edited 2006-11-21 13:01
    I have a project going using a BS2P and the POLLIN command - it stays in a loop unless a designated PIN goes LOW and when that happens it goes off and does something else.

Would that work for you?