Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Toothpick and VB — Parallax Forums

Toothpick and VB

Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
edited 2006-11-17 21:05 in BASIC Stamp
All--

I have devoured the Toothpick documentation on the Parallax website. And, I have read the accompanying pdf description. Neither seem to tell me that I can use VB and a Stamp with Toothpick in the middle to add real-time processing power (reading from Stamp inputs, making descisions, writing to Stamp outputs) to my robot. Does anyone know if VB sees the Toothpick as a serial port?

Plus, I did a search on the Toothpick on these forums and found some material, but none of it appeared to address my specific question. (There was some rather amusing acrimonious discussion, however!)

Thank you in advance for any help you provide.

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
You are what you write.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-17 20:53
    Bill,
    ·
    ·· The Toothpick allows a serial connection via Blue Tooth as well as a few functions that can be accessed via commands from a connected BASIC Stamp.· There is no reason you cannot write a VB program to open the Virtual Serial Port created by the BT Driver and send commands and get data from a BASIC Stamp connected to the Toothpick.· I hope this helps.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
    edited 2006-11-17 21:05
    Chris--

Yes. It helps. What helps more is the integrated support available to newbies (like me) from Parallax.

Thank you.

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    You are what you write.