Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SIRC commands — Parallax Forums

SIRC commands

RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
edited 2006-11-18 16:20 in Propeller 1
I have decided to use a Propeller for my robot project, I will be using a SONY remote to control the movement, so, has anybody written some Spin code for decoding the SIRCS commands. If not, I guess I will have to go with the BS2 object, pulsin command, and try to re-write the pbasic program for achieving the intended goal. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2006-11-17 18:28
    Here is a Spin program example of useing a JVC remote.· I don't know how close this is to·SONY's IR format, but it might give you a head start.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=577755

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2006-11-18 05:46
    Rsadeika,

I stumbled across this sight that might be useful to you...
    scv.bu.edu/GC/shammi/ir/
    ...scroll to about the middle of the page for an animation.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
    edited 2006-11-18 15:00
    Thanks Beau,
    I looked at that WEB site, and it looks interesting, will have to keep that in mind. I am in the process of trying to figure out IR_JVC_RMV715u.spin code, and how I can use it for my application. This should be an interesting way of learning Spin, I just completed the Spin tuturial, so I think I know the different uses of METHOD, and code structure.

Correct me if I am wrong, the JVC uses 16 bits for the command code, while SONY uses 12 bits for the command code. It also looks like the rising edge for the SONY is somewhat different . This should be interesting...

I purchased the Propeller Education Kit, and in the parts kit there seems to be an IRLed,·and a IR demodulator.·I guess I can assume that these parts are 3.3v parts?

Ray

PS I think I made the right choice buying the Propeller Education Kit, instead of the other choices that are available.
    edited 2006-11-18 15:33
    Rsadeika,

Yes, the JVC uses 16 bits, and I think that SONY does use 12. I'm not sure that the rising edge is any different between the two, not sure what you are referring to.

I decided to use the JVC remote to my camcorder, since I never actually use the remote for it. Initially I connected a Sharp IR receiver directly to a scope to determine
    what kind of IR signal I was dealing with. The only thing that I can think of that might make the rising edge different, is that "some" IR receivers invert the signal, where
    some do not.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2006-11-18 15:54
    Rsadeika,

I use a Sony Remote to control my BoeBot.· I will be happy to post the code if you· like - you can pick out the Sony decoding sections and use them as you like.

Sid

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Don't have VGA?

Newzed@aol.com
    ·
  • RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
    edited 2006-11-18 16:20
    Sid,

Are you offering Spin code, if yes, then I will take anything I can get. I have pbasic, SX/B, and SX asm code for the SIRC commands, my new project is for a Propeller controlled·robot. Instead of trying to interface an SX52 proto board with the SIRC commands to the Propeller, I thought I would use the Propeller as the 'do it all'.

Thanks

Ray