Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller and Stamps — Parallax Forums

Propeller and Stamps

NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
edited 2006-11-17 16:20 in General Discussion
Portions of this post were previously posted on the Propeller OS thread.· If a moderator feels it is redundant, it may be deleted.

I have the Prop talking to Stamp A - a BS2pe with a DS1302 piggyback - and to Stamp B - a BS2 with a TLC2543 piggyback and an LM34 temp sensor.· When the Prop asks Stamp A for the time and temperature, Stamp A reads the DS1302, then sends a message to Stamp B asking for the current temperature, which Stamp B transmits.· Since the Prop and the two Stamps all use XBEE transceivers, I can not stop the Prop from receiving the same message as Stamp A but I was able to suppress the printing to my display.· When Stamp A receives the temperature, it then transmits all the data to the Prop and the Prop VGA displays :

The current temperature is:· 78.6 degrees F
The current time is 10:49:41 - Eastern Standard Time
Today is Friday, November 17, 2006

I have another option that lets me transmit the temperature to Stamp A.· Stamp A receives the data, stores it in Bank 8, increments the address pointer and saves·the address·to Bank 15.· Each time Stamp A stores data in Bank 8, it reads the next address in Bank 15 before storing.· Since Banks 8-15 are non-volatile nothing is lost when I power off the Stamp.· Bank 8 can store 227 entries, which at the present time is more than enough.· If I need more data space I can just roll over to Bank 9, or, if I prefer, write all 0's to Bank 8 and start over.

I will be happy to share any or all of the programs if anyone is interested.

Sid

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Sid Weaver
Don't have VGA?

Newzed@aol.com
·