Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HYDRA Sneek Peek — Parallax Forums

HYDRA Sneek Peek

CariadCariad Posts: 13
edited 2006-11-17 13:33 in Propeller 1
·It took a while but I stumbled onto this.·
·All you want to know and looks fantastic.

·Enjoy.

·http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=32360

·roll.gif

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-11-17 08:19
    Tell me more about the text.
    Andre LaMothe wrote a very authoritative text about video and gaming with the SX system.
    I wonder if I should eventually buy both.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • CariadCariad Posts: 13
    edited 2006-11-17 08:50
    Go to this link : -
    http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=32360

and have a look at the PDF files at the bottom they are exerps from the text.

From my perspective I am getting a HYDRA as well after reading the excerps. I already have the XGameStation. It looks like a fantastic platform to program and take the next step into programming parallel cogs with minimal effort to produce video and audio and write games.

Mike
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2006-11-17 08:55
    (yes I looked)

Actually, you get "The Black Art of Game Programming" as an e-book, on the CD, when you buy the Hydra programming book.

Looked the table of contents over and I'm gonna spring for the book. IMHO, just about all of the text is relevant to demo board owners. The way it all worked out will be a nice balance overall. Well worth the $60.

Not sure if that's the text you are referring to, but it's a very nice value add that should fill in some gaps in the Hydra specific book.

Overall the combination is a very good approach. Lots of price points, depending on how much one wants to spend, experience level, hardware experience and time.

I think a very nice retro gaming and demo scene will happen around the prop. Looking forward to seeing that all happen.
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2006-11-17 13:33
    Are there going to be people camped out in front of Parallax waiting for the release of the Hydra. Like people were doing this week for the Playstation 3? turn.gif