Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropPlug/Clip questions — Parallax Forums

PropPlug/Clip questions

HarleyHarley Posts: 997
edited 2006-11-16 18:35 in Propeller 1
Seems there are some open questions about the PropPlug/Clip interface:

1. Figure 1-1 of the Prop maual, pg 17, shows four lines for a PropClip/Plug. Once the Prop is programmed AND the programming device removed, is it OK for the Tx and Rx lines to float, or should they both have pullups?___

I've heard P30 should be pulled up so it doesn't cause some problem during initialization. Like if it is LO, it might cause a problem affecting the PC.

The /RST line when scoped is at the 3v level; apparently has an internal pullup resistor.

2. My project is using two Props; I needed more than 32 I/O lines. Would it be OK for both /RST lines to be connected to each other ?___ Or might this cause a problem during programming?___

The end design will use a header for programming each Prop. Would the common /RST connection be OK if even a PropPlug were on each header?___
3. This is my MAIN question.......... freaked.gif
Presently I am using a PropSTICK using serial COM 1 port and a DIP-40 Propeller using COM 4, using the PropPlug. Is there a way to have the PropTool 'know' which port is used when one switches between programs?___

Else the DB9 and USB pins/contacts will get quite worn out with all the plugging/unplugging as I switch from making changes to each program and programming the associated Prop.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Harley Shanko
h.a.s. designn