Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Induction coil sensor — Parallax Forums

Induction coil sensor

SurfaceplateSurfaceplate Posts: 7
edited 2006-11-17 16:08 in Propeller 1
I'm new to the Propeller world and not exaclty a whiz at electronics in general.· I do see great potential for an application I have with the induction coil sensor.· Can anyone walk me through this with schematics and material list?· I would be much obliged.

The mechanical guy......

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2006-11-16 04:56
    Can you provide more information about the inductive coil sensor you are referring to?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • SurfaceplateSurfaceplate Posts: 7
    edited 2006-11-16 13:01
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!· This is an application created by Chip...the software potion in in the object exchange.

Surfaceplate.
  • william chanwilliam chan Posts: 1,326
    edited 2006-11-16 13:40
    Can the inductive sensor coil be used together with the Propeller to accurately sense cars passing through a barrier gate?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.fd.com.my
    www.mercedes.com.my
    edited 2006-11-16 15:21
    Surfaceplate,
    ·
    Both objects in the object exchange that involve inductor sensors are ones that I put together, I'm just trying to figure out·the specific object you are referring to.
    ·
    Coil Demo
    Inductive Sensor Demo

·
    There·are also·a few other methods that I have posted in the Propeller Chip forum, but allot depends of what the characteristics the coil that you will be using has.
    Have you decided on how the coil will be used... i.e. what is the specific purpose, what sense distance do you want, etc.

William Chan,

With proper coil design, yes
    ·
    ·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2006-11-17 00:59
    I would like to detect a piece of metal passing through a coil.· This would be to verify the part (piece of metal) has been ejected from a tool.· Sometimes commercially available coil configurations·do not fit what I need.· To be able to create a coil of my own would be a great help.

Thanks!

Surfaceplate.
    edited 2006-11-17 03:21
    How big of a piece of metal are we talking, and at what rate·is the piece of metal being ejected?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2006-11-17 11:28
    Size will Vary with the applications.....for the one I have in mind right now it'll be 1 1/2" X .35" X .06" with two small holes in it.· Travelling at ~20 feet per second.· That's a rough guess.

I'll take pictures of what we are doing now with proxy rings and the part for your reference.

Thanks!
    edited 2006-11-17 16:08
    Surfaceplate,

At ~20 feet per second, that’s ~4.16mS (milliseconds) within a 1 inch detection area to work with. That should be doable if the deflection/ejection path is somewhat predictable. I would like to see
    pictures of what you currently have setup with the proxy rings if it's not too much trouble.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.