Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Control A Remote Control with BS2 — Parallax Forums

Control A Remote Control with BS2

PatonianPatonian Posts: 5
edited 2006-11-16 19:35 in BASIC Stamp
We need to find a way to control a controler with BS2 so we can control an animatronic chimp if anyone has any good ideas please tell me ASAP
jumpin.gif

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 11/15/2006 8:51:32 PM GMT

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-11-15 18:45
    And, by the way, it's a futaba-style RF Remote Control -- multi-channel (at least 6, possibly more).
  • azmax100azmax100 Posts: 173
    edited 2006-11-16 02:59
    hello.

Why don't you take a look at IR Remote for the Boe-Bot robot by Andy Lindsay.
    You can download the PDF file from the download section.

Hope this will help.

Azmi.
  • FonzieFonzie Posts: 5
    edited 2006-11-16 14:56
    I'm sorry for not being clear. what we want to do is take the radio transmitter that came with an animatroic chimpanzee and hook it up to a BS. we were wondering if it would work and if it would be worth it. otherwise we have to gut the intire thing and change out the motros and boards that came with it. Using the existing controller we can keep the same motor controllers and motors without any major work. I think we are goning to use a professional development board to do this with just a normal BS2 Module. but thanks for the reply
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-11-16 14:58
    Because this thread is about using a BS2 as a 'stand-in' for a Futaba-style RF remote, which is used to control the eyes, mouth, etc. of an animatronic Chimpanzee head.

I wonder if they can even reach the reciever in the chimp head, and if that reciever HAS the hard-wired port needed, and if the chimp even USES the Futaba PMM or PCM coding methods.

Reverse engineering can be a hard life.
  • Super SquirrelSuper Squirrel Posts: 5
    edited 2006-11-16 19:35
    allanlane5 has a point it will be difficult to send a signal to the chimp head. So trie to control the motors with a Professional Development Board. idea.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The squirrels are after my nuts!!

Post Edited (Super Squirrel) : 11/20/2006 5:14:16 PM GMT