Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tables — Parallax Forums

Tables

Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
edited 2006-11-14 18:14 in General Discussion
I've seen posts on this forum that include tables. There's an example here that Chip posted. But I've seen nothing in the mCode docs that explains how this can be done. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks,
Phil

Comments

• Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2006-11-12 10:28
    I believe you can just make your table in a standard word processor or spreadsheet (WordPad, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc) and copy and paste your table in.· Note that this has only worked in Internet Explorer for me (in Firefox I don't get the full WYSIWYG editor in the forums).· You can also do the same with an entire document.

Example (I did this in excel):

attachment.php?attachmentid=74060

Harrison
    262 x 92 - 1K
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2006-11-12 20:35
    Well, whadya know, it works fine in IE, but not in Opera, even if·it's disguised as IE. 'Wonder what's up with that?

-Phil
  • Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2006-11-14 13:58
    The TD tags in the table above contain style information that might be not be understood by the Opera browser. The remaining HTML for the table is standard fare which should be rendered correctly by most browsers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jim

Parallax IT Dept.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2006-11-14 18:14
    Hi Jim,

Opera sees the table fine; it just isn't presented with the necessary tools to create one. Even copying and pasting from Word is ineffective. When composing a post with IE, there's separate edit toolbar that's not available to other browsers. I suspect it's some sort of ActiveX thing.

-Phil