Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help With BS2 and ADC0838? — Parallax Forums

Help With BS2 and ADC0838?

LitefireLitefire Posts: 108
edited 2006-11-09 22:51 in BASIC Stamp
Hey, i'm using the BS2 as part of a robot i'm making, and am planning on using an ADC0838. What i'm planning on doing is using all 8 channels of the chip and comparing them on the BS2.

Does anybody have any code/help for how to communicate between the uP and the ADC? That seems to be where i'm having issues, but the shifted serial interface is giving me issues [noparse]:([/noparse]

Thanks for any help!

~~Brian Beatty

p.s. the Data sheet for the 0838 is the same as the one for the 0831 (which can be found under the 0831's page here on parallax)

Comments

• Paul Sr.Paul Sr. Posts: 435
    edited 2006-11-09 22:51
    Litefire said...
    Hey, i'm using the BS2 as part of a robot i'm making, and am planning on using an ADC0838. What i'm planning on doing is using all 8 channels of the chip and comparing them on the BS2.

Does anybody have any code/help for how to communicate between the uP and the ADC? That seems to be where i'm having issues, but the shifted serial interface is giving me issues [noparse]:([/noparse]

Thanks for any help!

~~Brian Beatty

p.s. the Data sheet for the 0838 is the same as the one for the 0831 (which can be found under the 0831's page here on parallax)

Sure do - look down about 12 threads - there is some dialog and sample code for the ADC0834 which should help you.