Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Program DS1620 With STAMP BS2 To Use As A Stand Alone Controller — Parallax Forums

Program DS1620 With STAMP BS2 To Use As A Stand Alone Controller

KatyBriKatyBri Posts: 171
edited 2006-11-08 02:24 in BASIC Stamp
Is there code somewhere to illustrate how to program the high and low temperature limits into a DS1620 (to be used as a stand alone thermostat), using a BS2?

·

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-11-07 11:38
    ???

I think that you program the Stamp to read the temperature, have it compare that reading to a high/low and then take an action based on that comparison (turn device on, turn device off, leave device on, leave device off.)

Y/N ?

I think there's an incubator project in one of the Parallax books.
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-11-07 11:59
    Here is a program on Tracy Allen's page:

www.emesystems.com/OL2d1620.htm#thermostat
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-11-07 12:19
    KatyBri -

You will probably find the attached Parallax Applications Notes for the DS1620 extremely helpful. Scan through the document until you reach the BS-2 example. It addresses temperature readings and establishing set points for the high temp and low temp limits. Let us know how you make out with it.

NOTE TO ALL:

This is an unusual application note, since it contains examples for all of the following platforms:

PIC Assembler*
    BS-1 and Version D
    BS-2

and at the end can be found the DS1620 datasheet. A VERY complete applications document, IMHO!

* I suspect if the PIC Assembler sample program was offered on the SX Forum, some kind person might even convert it for use with the Ubicom SX chip, so it might be used with the SX/B system.

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • KatyBriKatyBri Posts: 171
    edited 2006-11-08 02:24
    Bruce and Kevin- thanks very much for your help - it is exactly what I needed.