Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Debugging... — Parallax Forums

Debugging...

EdKirkEdKirk Posts: 27
edited 2006-11-07 14:04 in Propeller 1
Hi Guys,

I am trying to use the BS2 debugger submitted by Martin Hebel.

I have downloaded his software and installed it in my Prop Stick. It is running on Com1 serial port.· I have also downloaded the Basic Stamp II software and used it to successfully test the debug feature on a BS2 SX Stamp kit.

I then moved the serial cable back to the Prop Stick.· Now the Stamp software reports that there is no stamp and the Propeller software reports that there is no Prop chip.

I need detailed instruction on how to use this combination of hardware/software, hopefully conveniently.

Thank you,

Ed

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 11/6/2006 11:30:28 PM GMT

Comments

• CJCJ Posts: 470
    edited 2006-11-06 21:53
    be sure to fully close the debug window, if it is left open it will hold the com port and prevent the other software from seeing anything on the port, make sure the little icon on the basic stamp toolbar is greyed out

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Who says you have to have knowledge to use it?

I've killed a fly with my bare mind.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2006-11-06 22:37
    You can also just set the Com Port for the debug window to "NONE" temporarily, while you're uploading stuff.

-Phil
  • CJCJ Posts: 470
    edited 2006-11-07 02:05
    On my machine at least, the debug window goes into hiding as soon as you click on another window requiring just as many clicks to get it back as it would if I just closed it

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Who says you have to have knowledge to use it?

I've killed a fly with my bare mind.
  • EdKirkEdKirk Posts: 27
    edited 2006-11-07 14:04
    Thanks to Matin and all you other guys who helped a lot.

BS2 works well now.

Ed Kirkham