Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EmbeddedBlue Transceiver AppMod — Parallax Forums

EmbeddedBlue Transceiver AppMod

Joe DunfeeJoe Dunfee Posts: 31
edited 2006-11-06 19:28 in General Discussion
I am planning on using the upcoming EmbeddedBlue Transceiver AppMod.· I originally posted in the Stamp forum, but now realize that this is the appropriate forum. The specs for this module are impressive, and seem to provide for a number of I/O abilities, including analog input.· I had asked if this module could be used by itself, without the stamp.· Here is the reply I got from Chris Savage;
· It is possible to have remote access to these I/O lines and run the unit stand-alone but it would involve downloading the DARC-I firmware from the FlexiPanel website and re-flashing the module.· Once you do this your Toothpick SE will no longer be a Stamp Edition anymore.· We cannot support this option so you would need to contact FlexiPanel for any specifics.

I would like to understand this more.·If I am understanding the process right to read information from the I/O lines of the module, I send a command from my remote computer to the Bluetooth Module.· Then, the·Bluetooth module communicates this command to the Stamp over a serial line. Then does the Stamp command the Bluetooth module to directly send me the information, or does the Stamp ask for the·information from the Bluetooth Module ·I/O line to be sent to the·Stamp, which then gets sent back to the Bluetooth for transmission to the remote computer.?

Finally, does anyone have any idea how far I might expect to maintain a Bluetooth connection within a typical house?· Would it go through one wall into the next room?

Joe Dunfee

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-06 17:28
    Joe,
    ·
    ·· Your original question for which you are quoting the reply above was whether or not the Toothpick could be used without a Stamp Module.· That would require the unit to be reprogrammed to do so.· If you plan on using a BASIC Stamp then you would use it as it is.· Are you trying to use it with a Stamp Module?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • Joe DunfeeJoe Dunfee Posts: 31
    edited 2006-11-06 18:28
    I am planning on using it with the BASIC Stamp 2pe Mother Board. But, I am confused about accessing the extra I/O pins on the EmbeddedBlue module.

Joe Dunfee
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-06 18:52
    Joe,
    ·
    ·· As I recall the documentation spells out accessing those pins from a BASIC Stamp via serial commands sent by the Stamp Module.·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • Joe DunfeeJoe Dunfee Posts: 31
    edited 2006-11-06 19:28
    Thank you for clarifying that for me. It has been a while since I've been into programming and the documentation is a lot for me to digest at the moment.

Looking forward to Bluetoothing!

Joe Dunfee