Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No Basic Stamps Found? — Parallax Forums

No Basic Stamps Found?

Robot JayRobot Jay Posts: 12
edited 2006-11-07 17:10 in BASIC Stamp
I am having some issues with my BoE and BASIC Stamps. I try to run my program from the Basic Stamp editor (version 2.2.5,) and I get the error "No BASIC Stamps found". I have the BS2 and the BS2px. Both modules give the same error. I was able to download and run programs just fine a few months ago. I pulled out the board and now all of the sudden I am getting these issues. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-06 05:31
    Jay,
    ·
    ·· How are you powering the board?· If by battery, have you tried a fresh one?· Is the correct serial port coming up in the list when you try to program either module?· Is this Serial or USB connection?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • Robot JayRobot Jay Posts: 12
    edited 2006-11-07 05:20
    Chris,

Powered by battery, but I've tired using "fresh" batteries.

I don't even remember which serial port should be comming up when I try to program either module. I get a loopback but no echo from COM1.

This is a serial connection through a BoE.
    edited 2006-11-07 16:13
    Jay,
    ·
    ·· Is this on a laptop or Desktop?· You could try disabling the FIFO buffers for the Serial Port you’re using.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-11-07 16:22
    This is on a desktop.· How do I disable FIFO buffers?
    edited 2006-11-07 16:25
    Jay,
    ·
    ·· FIFO Buffers are in your Device Manager under the Ports section.· Double-Click on the COM Port entry, select the Port Settings Tab, then click Advanced.· Uncheck the box, “Use FIFO Buffers” and click Okay.· Click Okay on the Port Properties Sheet and close your device manager.· Try again.· If this doesn’t work you may have to send in the modules to be tested.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-11-07 16:36
    If I have to send the modules in and they are tested as being "broken", will Parallax fix them? Or will I have to buy new Stamps?
    edited 2006-11-07 17:10
    Jay,
    ·
    ·· If you get to where you need to send them, please contact Tech Support directly by phone or via e-mail to discuss options.· support@parallax.com ·Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support