Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problems with Serial Cable Recognition and XP Pro — Parallax Forums

Problems with Serial Cable Recognition and XP Pro

MigsMigs Posts: 95
edited 2006-11-08 01:07 in BASIC Stamp
Friends:

Using Windows XP Pro with all the updates. My board didnt come with the USB-serial converter, so I'm using a Wyse Tech cable and cannot get the Basic Stamp editor 2.2.6 to see the Board of Education. Tried fresh battery, and "uncheck FIFO buffers".

Cable specs can be seen here: http://www.wyse.com/products/accessories/serial_cable.asp

The cable is shown below. (I hope)

Any ideas on what to try until my Paralax converter arrives?

Thanks amigos, -Migs

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"Sometimes we forget that the world itself is paradise." Douglas Coupland, 'Microserfs'
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite" - William Blake
"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." Carlos Castaneda
"One single grateful thought raised to heaven is the most perfect prayer. " G. E. Lessing
“How much of human life is lost in waiting.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Men often mistake notoriety for fame, and would rather be remembered for their vices and follies than not be noticed at all.” Harry Truman
My website: www.intoku.net my e-mail:mreznicek@pretensa.com me:Miguel Reznicek
216 x 232 - 20K

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-06 00:53
    Migs,
    ·
    ·· It may just be that this adapter won’t work.· If you already tried disabling the FIFO buffers, then that is about the extent of what we’d have you try aside of making sure you have the latest drivers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-11-06 01:46
    Which com port are you using?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • MigsMigs Posts: 95
    edited 2006-11-06 12:19
    Hi Stephen:

It registers on COM 5 and I get "Yes" on both columns.

Thanks for your help Stephen, -Migs

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Sometimes we forget that the world itself is paradise." Douglas Coupland, 'Microserfs'
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite" - William Blake
    "We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." Carlos Castaneda
    "One single grateful thought raised to heaven is the most perfect prayer. " G. E. Lessing
    "Men often mistake notoriety for fame, and would rather be remembered for their vices and follies than not be noticed at all.” Harry Truman
  • MigsMigs Posts: 95
    edited 2006-11-08 01:07
    Hello Friends:

I went out today and managed to find another serial to USB cable. Now the Basic Stamp works fine! Thanks to all of you for your help. I'ts going to be hard to go to bed tonight since I'm having too much fun.

Again, thanks for helping me.

Migs

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔