Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SX Key Editor - Default Location for New Files — Parallax Forums

SX Key Editor - Default Location for New Files

John KauffmanJohn Kauffman Posts: 653
edited 2006-11-08 07:51 in General Discussion
Is there a way in the SX-Key Editor to change the default folder for new SXB files?

Thanks.

Comments

• PJMontyPJMonty Posts: 983
    edited 2006-11-07 20:06
    John,

I want to make sure I understand the question. When you say, "The default folder for new SX/B files," are you referring to the initial directory used by the "Save As" dialog? If so, not really. The IDE always uses the path from the last time you saved that file as the initial directory for the "Save As" dialog. In the case of a new SX/B file, it has no existing path, so it uses whatever path was last used to save a file. Once you save the new SX/B file the first time, then that path will be used as the default each time you do a "Save As" again.
      hanks, PeterM[noparse][[/noparse]code]
  • John KauffmanJohn Kauffman Posts: 653
    edited 2006-11-08 05:34
    Thanks.
    I was hoping for a Word-like "File Location" that would be the default path at start-up for Open and SaveAs.
    Another idea to throw in the folder of summer intern projects.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-11-08 07:51
    BTW, in general the SX-Key and other Parallax IDEs are set up to have the 'project files' in a sub-directory of the IDEs Program files.

I believe this is intended to ease the IDE's management of searches by limitng to it's own directory. With SPIN, this is quite important as all the objects have to be found to make something work.

In my case, I keep a separate hard-drive to Archive my creative efforts and hopefully avoid loss from a virus hit. But, it is up to the user to manage such fragmented locations. I tend to end up with a lot of housekeeping.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan