Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax Servo Controller - relax? — Parallax Forums

Parallax Servo Controller - relax?

LakeSolonLakeSolon Posts: 4
edited 2006-11-05 13:58 in General Discussion
Is there any easy way to order the PSC to stop refreshing the servos, allowing them to 'relax'?

I know the Pololu supports this, but I'd rather use the Parallax as it's cheaper and uses the better supported FTDI chip in the USB model.

~Lake

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-11-05 13:37
    Lake -

This very subject came up last month, and there is no simple way (via command, etc) to have the refresh stop. There were some add-on suggestions (additional circuity) that might be used, but that really complicates (wiring-wise) a rather simple servo controller.

Sorry for now, but if enough feedback is seen by Parallax, it may cause them to consider a firmware upgrade. Parallax has always been known as a considerate company that responds to its user base, and its customers.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • LakeSolonLakeSolon Posts: 4
    edited 2006-11-05 13:58
    It seems the forum's search function defaults to only the past 30 days, which is why I didn't discover the thread you mention ( http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=10&m=131225 ) before posting.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll probably just attach (yet another) Parallax USB to RS232 adapter to a serial Pololu device rather than bother trying out a new USB/Serial chip.

Post Edited (LakeSolon) : 11/5/2006 2:06:21 PM GMT