Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 Caller id enquiry. — Parallax Forums

BS2 Caller id enquiry.

PHM102PHM102 Posts: 27
edited 2006-11-05 15:10 in BASIC Stamp
Has anyone tried out the caller id project from this book called STAMP 2 Communications and Control Projects ?
The problems i encountered while doing the project:

1) Had trouble displaying the number on the LCD (Parallex 2X16 nom-backlit LCD), it displayed rubbish.
2) Is the Chip (Motorola 145447p) reliable? I had different readings on the LCD when used 2 chip of the same kind.
3) Whats the difference between the cooked out data and non-cooked out data stated on the MC145447p datasheet, does it matter with the displaying of the proper number??

Thank you.

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-11-05 13:50
    Who's selling the MC145447p these days?
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-11-05 14:44
    PJ -

The handy, dandy search engine at http://www.findchips.com/ says that H & R Enterprises has them on hand.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-11-05 15:04
    Well, thanks for that, Bruce, but I was hoping the source was an outfit like bgmicro, AEC, or something like that.· I'd Googled this, before asking my question,·and didn't see anything this ways.· I poked around the findchips site, going with the H&R and it only re-directed me elsewhere.·

So, anyway, PHM102 -- where did you get yours?

OBTW, I have that book and have wanted to do a Caller-ID project, but haven't been able to source the MC145447 IC ("Double Drat!")

Post Edited (PJ Allen) : 11/5/2006 3:08:00 PM GMT
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-11-05 15:10
    Everyone seems to overlook the fact that the SX28 will program for caller ID and several other telephone funcitions including a complete modem or autodialing.

Take a look at the bottom of the Virtual Peripherals section in www.sxlist.com·for a full selection

In previous discussions on the Forum, I have scurried around looking for chips and PDF files for said chips only to find that these seem to be getting harder to get in single quantities and at times many not be adaptible to local telephone standard.

Since the SX28 is set up in the software, different regional conventions can be accomodated either in software or by changing the crystal and software together.· And in some cases, the whole thing appears simpler if you want to merely focus on one task.

If you don't want to program in SX-Key, you might find someone that is willing to load one chip for you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 11/5/2006 3:15:53 PM GMT