Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need some help with these buggers HSF5 SSR 5 pins — Parallax Forums

Need some help with these buggers HSF5 SSR 5 pins

metron9metron9 Posts: 1,100
edited 2006-11-04 17:31 in General Discussion
Bought some here:

http://www.futurlec.com/Relays/SSR3A5V.shtml

Cant link to part but search SSR3A5V to see their listing

The ones I ordered above are not the same as what I received they say something different on them, picture attached

No datasheet, cant seem to find one in the last hour.

Not sure how to use pin 3, I think its to turn on or off zero crossing

Just for my information
Do you have to use AC? I assum so when zero crossing is on, but if pin 3 allows to turn off then DC?

I really thought I might make a controller for the tree this year that responds to music with these.

Hmmm I must have burned up the LED, I guess you need to use a resistor on the input with these

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/M/O/C/3/MOC3010.shtml

Tried one with a resistor and once the voltage turns on, it wont go off until the load connection is turned off
So if AC were flowing then at zero crossing it would turn off. But this one says it.s not a zero crossing
so i assumed it would work similar to a Fet or transistor.

I guess I better read some about triacs. I bought a bunch of stuff i don't know how to use from futurlec, amplifiers, diodes with funny names, inductors, voice recorder/playback chips, it's fun.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Think outside the BOX!

Post Edited (metron9) : 11/4/2006 7:05:03 AM GMT
640 x 480 - 55K

Comments

• JW SmytheJW Smythe Posts: 12
    edited 2006-11-04 17:17
    Found the datasheet

http://www.asiarelay.com/Products/pdfs/hongfa/HFS5(JGC-5F)_EN.pdf

The datasheet indicates both part numbers are the same thing.

Make sure you're only putting 4vdc to 6vdc on pins 4 and 5. 4 is positive, 5 is negative.

Put your load on pins 1 and 2.

Pin 3 doesn't appear to do anything.
  • JW SmytheJW Smythe Posts: 12
    edited 2006-11-04 17:31
    ... and ...

Yup, you probably do need to use AC on the load side. I needed DC for mine, and had to look a bit harder for them.

What voltage did you put on the DC side? It's only rated for 4vdc to 6vdc. If you went above that, I'd bet the unit is ruined. If you were in the designated range, the unit is probably fine. Check your polarity to make sure it was right, or else it won't do much of anything. I did that here today playing with mine. I was screaming "WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING", until I realized it was just a stupid user mistake.

I don't know about running christmas tree lights with this one. It only handles up to 2A. You may need a bigger one, if you really intend on doing that. Search eBay for Crydom. Even though most of them are used, they'll probably still work. I got a lot of 4 untested ones (DC-DC), that all worked fine, til I burnt 2 up. [noparse]:)[/noparse] That was my own fault, not the SSR's fault.