Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Errata — Parallax Forums

Propeller Errata

Cliff L. BiffleCliff L. Biffle Posts: 206
edited 2006-12-12 18:01 in Propeller 1
Is there an official errata page for the Propeller web manual?

In particular, the description of cmpsub appears to be wrong. (p.363, "if Value2 is equal to or greater than Value1 then it is subtracted from Value1." -- s/greater/less/)

Comments

• Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2006-11-03 20:44
    Hello Cliff,

There is no sticky-thread or web page for Propeller Manual Errata; you may send any items directly to me at editor@parallax.com.

As I recieve·items I pass them to the author for review and keep a running list for the next revision of the manual.·Significant technical errata will be compiled into a pdf document for download that is kept with the Propeller Manual download on our website, and updated as needed.

So far we have had very little feedback in that regard, but we can start with yours!··Does anyone else have·any errata·items to contribute? If so, please send them·directly to my email.

Thanks everyone,

Stephanie Lindsay

Editor, Parallax Inc.

editor@parallax.com
    edited 2006-11-03 22:15
    Update from the Propeller Manual author Jeff Martin, regarding page 363:
    Hi Stephanie,

He is right.

The first sentence in·EXPLANATION should be "...if·Value2 is equal to or less than Value1..."

The last paragraph's mention of the C flag should be changed to the following:· "If the WC effect is specified, the C flag is set (1) if a subtraction is possible (Value1 is equal to or greater than Value2)."

We will be posting an errata sheet for download next week.· If you have any items for us, email them to me please!

Stephanie Lindsay

editor@parallax.com
    edited 2006-11-15 19:08
    http://www.parallax.com/propeller/downloads.asp

Hello Everyone,

A Supplement/Errata doc for the Propeller Manual has been posted on the Propeller Downloads page at the link above.· We will keep updating this doc as needed until the manual itself is revised.· If you have any potential items to add (or errata for the errata!) please email me directly.

Thanks all,

Stephanie Lindsay

mailto:editor@parallax.com
    ·
    edited 2006-12-12 17:39
    Hello Everyone,

The·Propeller Manual v1.0 Supplement and Errata has been updated (to version 1.1).· There are several new entries in both· sections.

http://www.parallax.com/propeller/downloads.asp

Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback on the Propeller Manual, please keep it coming!

-Stephanie Lindsay

mailto:editor@parallax.com
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-12-12 17:44
    So far with the Hydra, I have only found small typos [noparse][[/noparse]Like Figure 1.8 referred to as Figure 1.3].

But does this errata go to the same or is that to Andre LaMothe?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-12-12 18:01
    Hydra errata goes to Andre'.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.