Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
stamp identification sequence? — Parallax Forums

stamp identification sequence?

Adrian SchneiderAdrian Schneider Posts: 92
edited 2006-11-04 01:32 in BASIC Stamp
Hello everyone

This is actually a question to Parallax:

Did the·identification/response sequences change recently·for some·stamp types produced recently,
eg. a BS2e is expected to return "e"? Is there updated documentation available, I have been away
from the stamps for quite a while?

Thanks & Regards
Adrian

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-03 15:09
    Adrian,
    ·
    ·· The BASIC Stamp Tokenizer Documentation can be found at the link below.· Nothing has changed for quite a while.· Yes, the BS2e should return an ‘e’ after you send and ‘e’ to it, discarding the echoed ‘e’ of course.· I hope this helps.· Take care.

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/tokenizer/tokenizer.asp

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • BullwinkleBullwinkle Posts: 101
    edited 2006-11-04 00:56
    I straced Adrian's stampbc program and noticed the BS2e was actually replying with "ef".
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2006-11-04 01:32
    Adrain, and Bullwinkle, the letter returned is part of the upgrade scheme. So a BS2e of version 1.0 returns an "e" and version 1.1 returns "f". That is what allows the Windows IDE to display the version number of the Stamp on the Identification screen. It appears to reply with "ef" because of the passive echo that comes back from the "e", then the active "f" actually returned by the Stamp. If you want to plan in advance, also allow for the "gh" as possible version upgrades, although it is unlikely to go that far. It is pretty stable, and I didn't know they had made a version 1.1. In the Stache, to make it both forward and backward compatable, the Stache firmware allows for echo response of any letter in the sequence.

Every Stamp has its own query response version sequence. The BS2pe expects to receive an "I" and then responds with a letter in the set "iIjJkKlLmMnN" depeding on the version and the pin count.

www.emesys.com/BS2clone.htm#CloneSXe

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com