Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Internet Application To Try — Parallax Forums

Internet Application To Try

Mike CollierMike Collier Posts: 25
edited 2006-11-15 18:37 in General Discussion
Hi, I have an internet enabled circuit running on a development PC for anyone to try.

It uses some Internet enabled objects which I may sell in the future, I would be interested in anyones feedback.

The details and links to examples are here: [noparse][[/noparse]Sorry Wrong IP Address] Should be http://217.36.213.99/chipnet/

The hardware isn't Basic Stampshakehead.gif though it does work in the same way, I only have one serial·port and am demo-ing this to another group at the moment. If anyone would like to demo a basic stamp version I can send them the bits you need (it can work with any hardware that can do serin and serout commands).

The ASPX page shows 2 analogue readings ( a light sensor and heat sensor).

Using the CGI example you can toggle pin 0 (turns off an led) but you won't see any result,but I get a kick out of watching it..smile.gif

There are more net objects coming out soon with more functionaility. I hope you find this interesting because I am looking forward to extending its features..

Thanks,·Mike.

Post Edited (Mike Collier) : 11/2/2006 2:07:33 PM GMT

Comments

• al-spideral-spider Posts: 42
    edited 2006-11-02 13:25
    hello:

tryed to look in but no response from the link listed
  • Mike CollierMike Collier Posts: 25
    edited 2006-11-02 13:35
    Thanks al-spider for trying, it seems ok for me from several machines in this building. could you try again please?
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-11-02 13:54
    just tried it... got "page can not be displayed"
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-11-02 14:01
    Unless you have a 'global' IP address, registered with the right people, I think it's unlikely that others will be able to find your IP address. Especially a "127.x.y.z" one -- isn't that a local VPN?
    edited 2006-11-02 14:05
    Sorry!! I put the digits the wrong way round although both work for me.

Please try http://217.36.213.99/chipnet/
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-11-02 15:24
    This thread is being moved from the·BASIC Stamp·Forum to the·Sandbox Forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-11-02 20:41
    I was able to access your website, and I must say, for a newbie like me, it looks very very promising!· I have not seen too many low-tech, simple, easy to use solutions that enable you to control a Microcontroller over the internet!· I, for one, would be very interested in learning more!
    edited 2006-11-03 15:42
    Hi Steve, thanks for taking an interest in this. the tools are easy to use, even more so with the examples I will be putting together.

If you would like to try it out at home or office on your basic stamp I can get the installation over to you via email to your hotmail account if you like. Let me know if that's ok.

Thanks Mike.
    edited 2006-11-07 13:16
    just to let people know i have removed the circuit from this address now, thanks everyone. Mike.
  • BoomboxBoombox Posts: 24
    edited 2006-11-09 20:20
    wouldn't it be easier to write an app that utilizes a parallel ports I/Os instead of having an extra piece of equipment that you have to plug in?
    edited 2006-11-15 18:37
    How do mean?