Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Led will not blink debug always says running — Parallax Forums

Led will not blink debug always says running

dbjdbj Posts: 75
edited 2006-11-03 01:50 in General Discussion
Hello just got my SX pro kit and dont feel like a pro Ha Ha. when I run the first progam in the Book tut001.src , if I debug the program and open the LED in the I/O pannel the LED Blinks If I Load the program into the Sx chip
the LED does not blink? can take the wire off and drive it High and it will work. the debug control allways says running and you cant walk or run the program with the SX Key hooked up. have tried with the crystal in or out no diff can read the freq at 50 htz·· Thanks David

Comments

• metron9metron9 Posts: 1,100
    edited 2006-11-02 02:36
    With no delay after turning it on, and a delay turning it off you are blinking the LED on for one clock cycle and off for 3 clock cycles, you have a 25% duty cycle, the LED is only on for 20 nanoseconds. Better put in two delays, one to hold it on and one to hold it off.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Think outside the BOX!
  • dbjdbj Posts: 75
    edited 2006-11-02 04:04
    Ok , when you debug the program it is running mutch slower than when the chip runs it at full speed. The other part I dont follow is on page 16 at the botom it says left click on the step button nothing changes like the way it shows.Also on page 14 in the debud it says idle at the top , My debug window allways says running and you can't click on the step , walk or run buttons. Thanks David
  • metron9metron9 Posts: 1,100
    edited 2006-11-02 04:22
    Here is my screen when I use DEBUG on the program you posted. It steps and runs fine for me.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Think outside the BOX!
    1024 x 860 - 93K
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-11-02 12:17
    David,
    Do you have a resonator plugged into the SX-Tech board ? If so you need to remove it while debugging.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com

"People who are willing to trade their freedom for·security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin
    ·
    edited 2006-11-02 13:10
    NO resonator pluged in I called it a crystal the only thing that is different from his post of the screen shot is the step,walk,run, buttions you cant use and it says at the top of the debug screen RUNNING not IDLE like it does on his, Is the cable that runs too your serial port the same as whats used on the BOE because I dident change it But it shows to be erasing the code on the chip then programing for debug.
    I think Ill put the serial cable that came with my SX pro board latter.Thanks David
    edited 2006-11-02 22:44
    Ok now what still wont work, went to friends house and used his computer he downloaded the sx-key software and followed the book and it stll does the same thing allways running in the debug screen and cant use the buttions run,walk or step. We changed the chip with a new one that came with the pro board kit, new serial cord works exacly the same, inserted
    the NOP three times still no Go ?? Thanks David
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-11-03 00:28
    David,
    If you don't have a resonator or xtal or anything plugged in that is generating a clock, then it is possible your SX-Key is defective. I would double check everything one more time, and if it STILL doesn't work give Parallax Tech Support a call.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com

"People who are willing to trade their freedom for·security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin
    ·
    edited 2006-11-03 01:50
    Thanks Bean have a great night. David