Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
newbie question.... can you upload code from SX micro???? — Parallax Forums

newbie question.... can you upload code from SX micro????

fiveslofiveslo Posts: 40
edited 2006-10-29 05:47 in General Discussion
I know this is a newbie question, hence ... I'm a complete newbie to the SX... anyways... if I load a· program into the SX.. whatever model..28,4x,5x... whatever... can this program be uploaded after its been "burned" to the SX... I suspect not... but anyways back to the newbie part... can it or not????

Comments

• PJMontyPJMonty Posts: 983
    edited 2006-10-29 05:47
    Fivesol,

By "uploaded", I assume you are asking if the IDE can retrieve the program from the SX after it has been burned into the EEPROM. The answer is "yes," but only the raw hex data. IF you are looking for a way to get the source code back, then the answer is no as that is only used to create the EEPROM image. However, if you want to copy the program from an existing SX chip and burn it into another, you can do that as long as the code protection wasn't turned on in the original SX burn.

TO retrieve the EEPROM image, go to Run->Device (or hit the button next to the clock that looks like a chip). When the device dialog comes up hit the "Read" button and the SX-Key will read the EEPROM image from the SX chip.
      Thanks, PeterM