Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SX-KEY IDE Bug — Parallax Forums

SX-KEY IDE Bug

Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
edited 2006-10-29 15:23 in General Discussion
I think I have stumbled on a slight IDE bug while learning how to program in sx/b.

The bug seems to be related to the fact that I have an error in the last line of my program (line 72).· When I double click on the error list, the ide attempts to show the line, but it can't because of some odd internal indexing problem.· If I add a blank line after my code, the ide will select the line fine.

I have attached images of the problem.· Notice that my last line is 72, which is the line that the error is on.

SX KEY IDE: v3.2.3
SX/B: 1.51.07

Harrison
224 x 148 - 22K
1032 x 136 - 78K

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-10-29 02:43
    Harrison,
    Can you post your SXB file too please.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com

"People who are willing to trade their freedom for·security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin
    ·
  • pjvpjv Posts: 1,903
    edited 2006-10-29 03:44
    Hi All;

This is a remnant problem that has existed since the early versions (beginning ?) of the IDE. When debugging, the last line of a program cannot be highlited, hence not breakpointed.

Cheers,

Peter (pjv)
  • Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2006-10-29 08:17
    Bean (Hitt Consulting) said...
    Harrison,
    Can you post your SXB file too please.

Bean.

Bean,
    The error that the sx/b compiler threw was related to me including the 'const.sxb' file in my main.sxb file before the PROGRAM Start statement.· The problem didn't seem related to the actual issue with the IDE (I tested the problem with other demo programs, and they all had the same problem).· I am attaching the files just in case you wanted to look at them for some other reason.· (I fixed the problem by moving the LOAD statement after the PROGRAM statement in my main.sxb.)

Peter,
    It's not too bad of a bug.· I probably won't run into this problem again since I don't see myself making errors on the last line of a program very often.

Harrison
  • pjvpjv Posts: 1,903
    edited 2006-10-29 15:23
    Hi hpham;

Agreed.

However several times I have wanted to break at the last line, and that doesn't work. So then I just need to add abogus line to my source. Not a big deal really.