Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ultrasonic sensors — Parallax Forums

ultrasonic sensors

bumble88bumble88 Posts: 7
edited 2006-10-31 03:32 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi,

I'm using the ultrasonic sensors·to connect·its 3 pins·to the Board of Education·development board. Ive used the programming code available from the parallax·website. When I·switch on switch number (1) and run the basic stamp editor, it showed me·the distance·values.· However, when I switch on switch number (2), there are·absolutely no value. I thought switch number (2) is to power everything.

Please help because I need to use switch number (2) to run the servo controller.· By the way, I doing the hexapod walking robot. Thank you.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-10-28 03:14
    Hello,
    ·
    ·· How (where) are you connecting the PING))) sensor to the BOE?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • sumeetsumeet Posts: 28
    edited 2006-10-28 18:48
    Hope you have not connected the·ultasonic & servo controller on the same I/O.
  • bumble88bumble88 Posts: 7
    edited 2006-10-29 09:31
    Hi,

Ive connected the·ultrasonic sensors·GND pin to Vss, the 5V pin connects to Vdd and the SIG pin connects to I/O pin 15. When I switch on switch (1), it shows me some readings where as switch (2), there is absolutely nothing.
    edited 2006-10-29 09:33
    Nope, I did not connect the ultrasonic sensor and the servo controller on the same I/O.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-10-29 23:16
    Hello,
    ·
    ·· Do you have anything plugged into the servo headers on the BOE?· There are 4 of them there.· If so, which ones are you using?· One other thing to consider…When you move the switch to position 2 does the power LED dim at all?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-10-31 03:32
    Hi,

Hey, my problems has been solved.·I tried to put the·pins into different ports·and test it and follow what you guys said.·It works. Thank you so much·Chris Savage(parallax) and sumeet for spending sometime telling me what I should do. Thanks a lot.blush.gif