Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Newb to prop-1 in desperate need of help — Parallax Forums

Newb to prop-1 in desperate need of help

ShadowOpalShadowOpal Posts: 8
edited 2006-10-28 03:38 in BASIC Stamp
Greetings all.· I am a very foolish man.· I have a prop for a huanted house that I want to activate using a prop-1.· I've never done anything like this.· I have no programing or technical skills. I like to throw myself in and learn by doing.· Unfortuantely, I did not plan on using this prop this year, but the wife has begged me to try.· So, I am going to risk my pride and ask for help from you all so I stand a chance of getting this done in time.· So, here's what I've got:
Prop-1
Prop-1 trainer board
PIR sensor
Power Adaptor variable voltage
Cowlacious Chipcorder
One pneumatic Solenoid to control cylander for up and down motion of mummy
One Pneumatic Solenoid to control cylanders for open and close of Sarcophagus
Large set of frayed nerves

What I would like to have happen is a person sets off the pir sensor then the following happens:
1) Chipcorder is activated to play
2) 2 seconds into the speech, cylanders for sarcophogus extend very briefly and retract rapidly to make the lid bang repeatedly
3) 5 seconds into speech, cylanders for sarcophogus extend fully
4) 6 seconds into speech, cylander for Mummy extends fully
5) 20 seconds after speech starts, cylander for mummy retracts fully
6) 25 seconds after speech starts, cylanders for sarcophogus retract fully
7) sensor waits to activate again.

Can anyone out there help me?· And please remember that I need as simple instructions and as basic as possible.· I have NO understanding of how this stuff works.· Please walk me through everything from getting power to everything to programing.· Thanks so much.· I appreciate it greatly(so does my wife ).

Comments

• ShadowOpalShadowOpal Posts: 8
    edited 2006-10-27 23:04
    BTW...I'm in the Chicago/Lincolnwood area of Illinois if any very generous soul would want to come by and help [noparse]:)[/noparse]. I'll buy lunch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 2006-10-27 23:22
    are you trying to program a propeller ?
    edited 2006-10-27 23:24
    Not sure what a propeller is.· I bought a Prop-1 microcontroller board off the Parallaxefx site.· That is what I am attempting to·set up and program.
    edited 2006-10-27 23:33
    I thought parallax still sold them & i was looking on there web site, i found efx's site , it looks to me like there using a basic stamp 1, let me do some thinking & i'll get right back to you.

Brian
    edited 2006-10-27 23:54
    #1 did you get the solenoid's from efx-tech
    #2 did you get you chipcorder from efx-teck

brian
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-10-28 03:07
    Try some of the links at·http://www.efx-tech.com for ideas. These are the guys that developed the Prop-1

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-10-28 03:15
    The Prop-1 is a product developed by a couple (now former) Parallax employees who have started a new company (EFX-TEK) based on the product. They are great guys that will be happy to help you, so head over to thier forums accessible via the link Franklin provided.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2006-10-28 03:38
    Thanks much for the tips.· In answer to the questions asked:

1) No I did not get the solenoids for Parrallax.· I got the from evilusions

2) No I did not get the chipcorder from Parallax.· I got it from Cowlacious.

I will check back here as well as trying efx's site.· Thanks for current and future help again.[noparse]:)[/noparse]