Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ALIBE Update: Communication Module and Propeller :: Working Code and Movie — Parallax Forums

ALIBE Update: Communication Module and Propeller :: Working Code and Movie

ALIBEALIBE Posts: 299
edited 2006-10-27 00:32 in Propeller 1
I wanted to update on how I tested the interface I developed earlier on (described here). The objective is to write the needed code for the Propeller chip (in SPIN language) and make it send and receive data to and from the AC4790 CB. And also, write the startings of the Command Center application in VB.Net that should evolve into a fully functional Command Center that ALIBE will communicate and exchange data with.

The Setup:
  1. The homebase command center is made up of one of the AC4790 Dev Boards hooked up to my laptop.
  2. The laptop runs the Homebase Command Center (CC) VB.Net app that keeps communication channel w/ ALIBE and exchanges data to/from
  3. ALIBE has my AC4790 on my Carrier Board (CB) that is controlled by the Propeller chip.
    1. ALIBE's AC4790 is "reactive" - meaning it waits to see data from command center and then responds to it
    2. It does not send any data proactively
  4. The Propeller runs the required SPIN code to control the AC4790 - meaning processes incoming data FROM AC4790 and sends data TO AC4790

The Code:·

··NOTE:
  • Please note that I have no in-line comments in my code. But will have something soon

• This·SPIN code is fairly standalone and does nothing but the 3 and 4 above.
  • This VB.Net Project is the initial makings of the Command Center (CC) that does 2 above.
  • This Movie·file showcases the above working. Essentially, the follows:
    • CC sends command data as TEXT (for now) over the air TO the CB onboard ALIBE
    • CB onboard ALIBE receives this data
    • Propeller onboard ALIBE receives this data via SerialIn, Simply adds "+" to the end of the text (Process) and sends the data back Over the air to CC.

·Still more work left, this is just one small step ahead in·hopefully in the·right direction

comments are welcome

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"any small object, accidentally dropped, goes and hides behind a larger object."

ALIBE - Artificial LIfe BEing. In search of building autonoumous land robot
http://ALIBE.crosscity.com/

Post Edited (ALIBE) : 10/27/2006 12:53:05 AM GMT

Comments

• Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,510
    edited 2006-10-26 23:59
    The last two links just come up with a page asking for a password.
  • ALIBEALIBE Posts: 299
    edited 2006-10-27 00:32
    Graham, thanks for the catch

alas there's a security issue I need to resolve. I have attached the files here.

ciao

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "any small object, accidentally dropped, goes and hides behind a larger object."

ALIBE - Artificial LIfe BEing. In search of building autonoumous land robot
    http://ALIBE.crosscity.com/
    ·