Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
AppMod #29111 SoundModule — Parallax Forums

AppMod #29111 SoundModule

sonic_mesonic_me Posts: 2
edited 2006-10-29 10:15 in General Discussion
Hi there,

I'm currently doing some testing using the AppMod sound module made by Parallax (http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=29111), and so far I've been successful at making it work like I intend it to, apart for one thing - I can't seem to get it to loop when not connected to the stamp.

I've tried those two segments of code so far:
Loop_sound:
DO
PAUSE 15
SEROUT 4, 500+$8000, [noparse][[/noparse]"!SM0P", 0]
LOOP

And

reps VAR Word ' FOR...NEXT loop counter

Main:
FOR reps = 1 TO 65000
PAUSE 15
SEROUT 4, 500+$8000, [noparse][[/noparse]"!SM0P", 0]
NEXT
GOTO Main

This works when the module is connected with the Stamp (2sx), but as soon as I unhook it to make it work as a standalone piece, it stops looping. would anyone have a clue why this is happening?

Thanks so much,
f.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-10-26 21:57
    The looping is being done by the Stamp, not the AppMod. The AppMod by itself is only capable of playing the contents of its sound memory once, from beginning to end, then it stops and even turns off its amplifier. The Stamp can cause the AppMod to place markers for the start and end points to be used for manual playback, but, again, there's not a built-in repeat. The ISD chip does have a pin that indicates when a message is through playing and you could build external logic to send that signal back to start playback over again, but it can't be done with the existing AppMod without modifications.
  • sonic_mesonic_me Posts: 2
    edited 2006-10-26 22:02
    Hum, I was afraid this would happen with the AppMod... I might use a chipcorder instead, espescially if I have to use a microcontroller either way - that will make the whole thing less bulky.
    Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
    f.
  • demodemo Posts: 19
    edited 2006-10-28 15:22
    HI,

I'm having a trouble to get contact·to Sound Module. I have BS2SX & Board of Education.
    Led is blinking red and green, can't make it recording mode.

Any suggestions to solve this???

·
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-10-28 21:07
    Demo,
    ·
    ·· Have you changed the baud rate in the code for your BS2sx?· The default sample code is for the BS2, which has different values for the baud rate.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2006-10-29 07:43
    Chris,

Thanks for reply. No I haven't change the baudrate,

In documentation it says :SEROUT 4, 84+$8000,[noparse][[/noparse]"!SM0N"]
    What would be the correct value for BS2SX ?
    edited 2006-10-29 10:15
    I managed to get it working! I used 500 for baud rate like sonic_me in code above.

Recordings with the internal microphone sound bit distorted. Is there any way to get it better?
    I'm using 9V battery, documentation says best quality is ensured with 12V, can BS2SX handle 12V?