Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PINKbot? — Parallax Forums

PINKbot?

Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
edited 2006-11-15 02:02 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Are there plans on creating a Stamps-In-Class (or other) tutorial that would cover the topic of "how to make a internet controlled" robot?· I can't seem to find any such creations in the "completed projects" section... i have to believe that someone has done this...

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-10-23 19:56
    Steve,
    ·
    ·· The PINK Module may or may not be useful in this aspect.· Most people who want to control a robot over the internet would want streaming video feed of what the robot is doing or sees.· This isn’t possible with the PINK, however if you have that capability already with some kind of Wireless Web Cam then you could use the PINK Module to receive web commands through it’s web page.· A BASIC Stamp could be set up to read these variables and transmit the necessary commands wirelessly to the robot.· If you did this you may in fact be a pioneer in the PINK/Web-Bot field!· =)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • AImanAIman Posts: 531
    edited 2006-11-14 14:45
    A·post in one of the forums talked about driving a remote tank via web. Might want to check that out. If I have time today I will look for it and post it.
  • AImanAIman Posts: 531
    edited 2006-11-14 14:47
    Got it

Its called

Wanna drive an web camera Tank over the internet?
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-11-15 02:02
    Yes, I did see this, which is what inspired me to write this post... I am quite a newbie so was hoping I could do it all via Parallax products and be able to get the great support that one gets on these forums... Thanks though for your efforts! Most appreciated!