Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Logic Level Fet — Parallax Forums

Logic Level Fet

crgwbrcrgwbr Posts: 614
edited 2006-10-23 04:44 in General Discussion
Hey Everyone,
I'm looking for a fet of transister that will fully turn on with a gate/base voltage of 5 volts, and be able to conduct 12 volts from collecter/source to emitter/drain.· Anyone have a recomendation?

P.S. Curent shouldn't be a problem, only about 800 mA.

Thanks

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
NerdMaster
For
Life

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-10-20 18:21
    Hello,
    ·
    ·· I tend to use the IRL520.· While it may be a bit overkill for your application (over 9A current) it is very common and inexpensive.· You can run the Stamp I/O line directly into the gate.· I hope this helps.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • crgwbrcrgwbr Posts: 614
    edited 2006-10-22 22:01
    It does, thanks. On a related note, I was trying to use an optical-isolater with a normal fet before (4N25), but it seemed like the led in the isolater needed at least 12v before it would activate the phototransister, and even then, the transistor was only letting 6 volts through (it should have been 12v). Any Idea why?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    NerdMaster
    For
    Life
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-10-23 04:44
    ·· Not without knowing the specifics of the connections…But a guess would be that the ‘LED’ wasn’t getting enough current and/or the transistor wasn’t able to drive the amount of current required.· Again these are guesses without knowing anything about the connections.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support