Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS1 to BS2 transfer — Parallax Forums

BS1 to BS2 transfer

mzwdmzwd Posts: 3
edited 2006-10-20 14:47 in BASIC Stamp
I have project the purpose of it is to read a value from light sensor and send this value to the laptop·via BS1 usb then transmite it using Parallax 433 MHz RF modules·and receive the signal on another place of the room by receiver which connected to BS2 and then to a LED

My task is to divide the light sensor reads to five·levels and for each level switch the LED on certain voltage

so what i have already is:
-light sensor
-Parallax 433 MHz RF modules
-BASIC Stamp 2 module
-BS1USB
-Breadboard

what i need is:
-the code needed for BS1 & BS2 to do this task ?
-is it possible to use BS1 & BS2 as i do?
-Do i need DAC or any other components?

i hope to have answers as soon as possible

Post Edited (mzwd) : 10/20/2006 1:35:11 PM GMT

Comments

• Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-10-20 12:49
    what type of light sensor is it?

Is this your set up?

Light Sensor --> BS1 --> RF Transmitter········· RF Receiver --> BS2 --> LED

Not quite sure why you need your computer as part of this (once the programs are downloaded onto the stamps)?

You can use the RCTIME comand to get a numerical reading from the ligh sensor if your light sensor is a "CdS photocell and capacitor"

You would use Serout to send the data from the BS1 and Serin to receive the data on the BS2

Your program on the BS2 would be a bunch of If-Then statements... how are you planning on controlling the amount of voltage to the LED?· via a PWM command or Freqout command?
  • mzwdmzwd Posts: 3
    edited 2006-10-20 13:31
    (what type of light sensor is it?))
    This is the description of the sensor:
    As light falls on the CdS (Cadmium Sulfide) photoresistor the resistance falls. In the dark the value given by the PhidgetInterfaceKit is approximately zero. As the amount of light increases the value increases.

With no light the resistance of this sensor is 500K Ohm, at 10Lux the resistance falls to between 10K and 5K Ohm. This resistance is in a voltage divider arrangement with a 7.5K Ohm resistor.

1105.jpg
    (Light Sensor --> BS1 --> RF Transmitter········· RF Receiver --> BS2 --> LED)
    yes it is
    (Not quite sure why you need your computer as part of this (once the programs are downloaded onto the stamps)
    to show to the user which level i have ,and maybe i will use the computer as a control panel later for another task or devices
    (You can use the RCTIME comand to get a numerical reading from the ligh sensor if your light sensor is a "CdS photocell and capacitor")
    as i read in the manual this comman works only with BS2 which is in the receiver side in my project
    (how are you planning on controlling the amount of voltage to the LED?· via a PWM command or Freqout command?)
    i think PWM command is what i need
  • Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
    edited 2006-10-20 14:47
    The rough equivalent to the BS2 RCTIME command on the BS1 is POT. It is well documented with examples in the Help/Command Reference.

This project should be very do-able.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Truly Understand the Fundamentals and the Path will be so much easier...