Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Interfacing to a USB device — Parallax Forums

Interfacing to a USB device

HaroldHarold Posts: 8
edited 2006-10-20 13:57 in Propeller 1
I have done some searching on the forum and have not seen much talk about using the propeller chip with SPIN to interface to USB devices.· Is anyone doing this?· Can you use the development board's·built in USB with the FullDuplex serial to·talk to a USB device after programming?· Curios if anyone else out there is attempting this.

Thanks
Harold Kimball·

Comments

• cocokiwicocokiwi Posts: 75
    edited 2006-10-20 07:31
    Harold said...
    I have done some searching on the forum and have not seen much talk about using the propeller chip with SPIN to interface to USB devices.· Is anyone doing this?· Can you use the development board's·built in USB with the FullDuplex serial to·talk to a USB device after programming?· Curios if anyone else out there is attempting this.

Thanks
    Harold Kimball
    ······ Yes! there is such a thing!·turn.gif· goto GHI Electronics.....www.ghielectronics.com

··· when you get in goto contact us...and you will see the forum access!···· USBwiz is what you want!

···· The USBwiz is a board with DUAL USB and a·SD card slot!

····· you can have memory in USB or plug in a Mouse or keyboard,or even a MS· X360 Game controller...

····· you just have to figure how to hook it up to a Prop!·· you can use rs232/ and a couple of other formats...manuals are in PDF format.

····· they figured out HOW to put drivers in the firmware.you talk to it in ascII

·· ·· VR· is Display version···· a 00!·· is a error code this means its OK!

·· you have different models:

····· UAFAT···· SD card unit····· a USB single that can plug into it(can be a USB host) different than the wiz in the firmware but mostly can do the same thing.

···· USBwiz·· two stacked USB sockets and a SD card slot.···

··· Check em out! I· have all of themfreaked.gif

·· you will find the Manual below along with the diagram

···· Cheers Dennis

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://people.delphiforums.com/cocokiwi/Image/picture.jpg
  • HaroldHarold Posts: 8
    edited 2006-10-20 13:57
    Thank you, I will check that out.