Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
"There is no disk in the drive" error when starting BS Editor 2.5 — Parallax Forums

"There is no disk in the drive" error when starting BS Editor 2.5

DavidHDavidH Posts: 2
edited 2006-10-20 02:42 in BASIC Stamp
Every time I run the Basic Stamp Editor v2.5 it first pops up an error message announcing "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk in the drive." Options are Cancel, Retry and Continue. Retry is an endless loop, Cancel and Continue both pop up the error again. The second message goes away with Cancel or Continue and then the editor starts and runs fine.·And FWIW the Parallax CD is in the drive.

Anyone else get this? Or know "Why Me"? The Parallax CD it came on was August 2006. I'm using a Gateway 835GM with a Pentium D 820, running Windows XP Media Center.

I'm new to microcontollers - just bought and assembled a BOE Bot. Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• CCraigCCraig Posts: 163
    edited 2006-10-19 12:54
    Make sure you're pointing to the right directories.

Once the editor is up and running, click on "Edit" menu option.
    Down at the bottom is "Preferences", click on that.
    Then, click the "Files & Directories Tab".

See, that they are all pointing to the correct (always available) drive.

Other than this, I don't know. HTH, Chris
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-10-19 14:33
    David,
    ·
    ·· This usually happens on computers that have camera/flash card readers installed.· Do you have such a device connected to or built into your computer?· If so you will just need to cancel pat the error.· The Explorer in the Editor is simply trying to read the mounted volumes, however there is usually no disk (card) in these readers, which causes the error.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • billy.bobbilly.bob Posts: 6
    edited 2006-10-20 02:01
    I just click on all three and the editor comes up.
  • DavidHDavidH Posts: 2
    edited 2006-10-20 02:42
    The machine does have two card readers permanently installed, that must be it. I'll also check the directories in file-properties.

Thank you for the help!

DavidH