Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PINK suitablility question — Parallax Forums

PINK suitablility question

MachineMonkeyMachineMonkey Posts: 30
edited 2006-10-18 07:34 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all,

I've been looking at all of the PINK and SBXX data I can find here and on the web. The thing that keeps tying me in knots is the phrase "Serial to Ethernet". What I want to see is "Ethernet to Serial". I want to be able to bring in a packet, read it as UDP, ship it to a Stamp (which then compares, strips and acts and/or discards the data) and wait for the next packet.
Now, it is entirely possible, in my mind, that these 2 phrases are completely interchangeable. In fact, it seems likely that I'm just the only goofy guy who would want to extract and parse data in this way and it simply never occured to the copywriters to mention it was possible. Tiny demographic and all. But I really need to hear "Ethernet to Serial" or, in fact, "UDP to Stamp". Come to think of it, that last phrase would be the best.
Sooo...how about it?

Kalo

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Failure is not the only punishment for laziness; there is also the success of others.

- Jules Renard

Comments

• Peter VerkaikPeter Verkaik Posts: 3,956
    edited 2006-10-18 07:34
    The Pink can send and receive UDP messages (size of single udp message is limited to 63 bytes).
    The stamp can retrieve received messages and setup a special Pink variable to send
    an UDP message.

regards peter